Bridging from Polygon to Arbitrum
Got some funds on Polygon and need to move them over to the hottest new L2, Arbitrum? It’s not that hard to bridge! You just need to make sure you don’t get stranded once the funds are there.
Sending some gas to Arbitrum
If you’re using Arbitrum for the first time you need to know that its gas token is Arbitrum ETH. If you use a service like cBridge to send ETH from Polygon to Arbitrum you may be stranded if you don’t already have gas there! That can happen because ETH on Polygin is actually wrapped, and when sent using certain bridges to Arbitrum remains wrapped. A service like xSwap solves this problem by swapping your funds for ETH when sending to Arbitrum.
Need to move ETH from Ethereum to Arbitrum? Try ou the Arbitrum bridge.
Using xSwap to receive ETH on Arbitrum
You’ll need some funds to swap for ETH using xSwap. In the example below I use some MATIC, use xSwap to swap, and receive ETH on my Arbitrum wallet.
- Open xSwap and connect your wallet
- Select the token you want to swap
3. Select ETH on the Arbitrum network (you’ll need to scroll over)
4. Select how much to swap for and enter your recipient address (your wallet address on Arbitrum you want to receive the funds)
5. Wait for the transaction to succeed
6. Connect to the Arbitrum network and check that the funds are available on Metamask
Now you’re all set to use Arbitrum for trading, buying some NYAN, or participating in Adamant Vault’s ARBY presale!